CRS Fair Trade Community Orders
Shop with friends and celebrate your Catholic values by placing a CRS Fair Trade Community Order!
Simply set up an account, gather the individual orders of your friends and family, then submit one order as a group. For example, you could collect orders when you host a chocolate tasting at your parish, or at celebrations in your own home. You could also make it pre- or post-order as part of your consignment sale (don’t worry, we still offer those!).
Community Orders are a great way for a parish or group to engage in economic justice in a tangible way. You can help your community learn more about how fair trade relates to our faith by checking out our resources on Catholic social teaching and our Advent faith formation resources. These links include prayers and reflections that can be used when your community gathers to place or pick up their orders.
With a CRS Community Order of $300+ you will receive:
- 20% off your entire order
- Free shipping to one address (no returns)
- Up to 20 free catalogs (received prior to placing your order)
- Free educational materials
Check out this brief video to learn more about holding a Community Order!
How to Place Your CRS Community Order!
Step 1: Plan
- Call 1.800.685.7572 or request a free CRS Fair Trade Community Order packet online.
- Fill out and fax, mail or email the account information/sales agreement form that comes with your packet back to SERRV. Be sure to indicate on the form how many additional catalogs you’d like to receive – you can request up to 20 for free! If you are an existing customer, you can use this form to request additional catalogs.
- Keep the catalog and host order form that come in your packet to use during step 2.
- Once your account is set up, you will receive your promo kit with your catalogs and other promotional tools and educational materials about fair trade and the artisans your CRS Community Order will help support.
- Decide how you will use your 20% discount and share this information when you promote your event – it makes a great fundraiser for your parish or group!
Step 2: Place Your Order
- Invite friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to a catalog shopping event. This could be a fair trade chocolate sampling, an economic justice movie night, a fair trade coffee tasting, etc. Be sure to promote your event broadly and repeatedly.
- Every order over $300 will receive a 20% discount on all items and free shipping to one address. This is open to SERRV’s entire inventory – that means anything from the consignment catalog, the consumer catalog, the overstock catalog, the online collection – EVERYTHING!
- Give your friends a deadline for submitting their order and payment made out to you using this simple form.
- Submit your combined, single order to SERRV online, by email, or by phone. If you do not have a sponsoring organization, you will need to pay for the entire order at that time.
Step 3: Party!
- You will receive your order within two weeks of placing it. Please note that any out-of-stock items will not be backordered.
- Check off everything received on the packing slip that accompanies your items to ensure the order was complete.
- Gather your friends together to pick up their items, and celebrate the difference all of you have made in your global community!
We’d love to help! Please reach out to CRS Fair Trade with any questions!
1.800.685.7572 – firstname.lastname@example.org